LITTLE NOKE CATTERY
Little Noke Cattery Terms & Conditions
“LITTLE NOKE CATTERY” DROP OFF AND COLLECTION PROCEDURES
Due to the current Covid-19 situation, we have had to make some changes to our admission and discharge procedures at our cattery. We ask that you inform us prior to your visit, if you have been self-isolating or have come into contact with anyone who has had Covid-19 before dropping off or collecting your cats so we can explain our alternative drop off procedures. Hand sanitiser will be offered when arriving on handover of your cat. Anyone entering our cattery, must wear a face mask if possible. When dropping off your cat or cats, please pass the carrier to me with any other belongings you may have. We ask that the consent forms are completed in advance of your cat, cats staying with us. A copy can be found on our website. Or we can email a copy to you. Where possible please email the completed form back to me prior to your pets stay. Alternatively bring them along with you when you drop off. On collection day, upon arrival at our cattery, please remain in your car and give me call to say you have arrived.07930871000. Please adhere to general social distancing measures whilst at our cattery…Thank you…
Little Noke Cattery Terms & Conditions.
Please understand that the following terms and conditions are designed to protect the health and well-being of the cats in our care. Please also note that these terms & conditions are the basis on which we accept cats into the cattery and that they constitute an agreement between Little Noke Cattery and the owner covering the period of boarding, the owner must agree to the following terms in order to qualify for insurance.
- Cats will only be accepted with up to date certificates of inoculation for feline infectious enteritis and cat flu. The vaccination certificate must be available for inspection on admission and will be retained on the premises during the boarding period. The treatment must have been completed at least 10 days before the commencing date of boarding. If an annual vaccination programme lapsed your cat may need to re-start the programme with two vaccinations – an initial vaccination and a follow up booster three weeks later to ensure full protection. If you are in this situation you should seek advice from your vet. If you are advised to re-start the programme and your cat has only had the initial vaccination we may not be able to accept your cat due to the risks posed to other cats in the cattery. The owner must warrant that the cat is fit and in sound condition and is treated against fleas and worms before boarding with us or you will be charged accordingly for these treatments.
- We regret that we will not be able to accept un-neutered male cats over the age of eight months.
- Only cats from the same family will be permitted to share accommodation. We may at our discretion require written consent from the owner before boarding more than one cat in a unit.
- For long term boarding (one month or more), interim payments are to be agreed at the time of booking.
- Any cat left uncollected within 14days of the due date to leave Little Noke Cattery without communication from the owner or their representative will be classed as abandoned and handed over to an animal rehoming establishment at our discretion.
- If in the event of a cancelation of a confirmed booking (in part or full period) the full charge will be due if less than two days-notice is given prior to the start of boarding. This notice must be given in writing. You may be able to recover this charge through your holiday cancelation insurance where applicable. If you decide to pick up your cat earlier than the planned date of collection you will be charged for the full duration of the booking.
- A full day will be charged for the day of arrival and departure to allow for the preparation and sanitisation of your cats unit.
- All charges are inclusive of our insurance cover, which insures each cat up to £1500 (One thousand five hundred pounds) per stay. This cover does not extend to pre-existing health problems, nor routine vaccination fees, ear mites, worming, fleas etc. Insurance will only cover illness or injury that has directly occurred whilst boarding at Little Noke Cattery. We will ask you to pay all veterinary fee’s incurred by us if it is determined that the illness was of longstanding condition or previously known of but not declared. We reserve the right to contact our veterinary surgeon, should we feel the need arises, at all times. We will make every effort possible to contact the cats owners or representative and their own veterinary surgeons first, (in the case of an emergency we will try and contact you however the welfare and non-suffering of your cat are paramount)
- Whilst boarding at Little Noke Cattery, or whilst we are transporting your cat to or from Little Noke Cattery, your cat will be covered by our insurance policy for accidental injury or loss. The cost of the comprehensive insurance cover is included within the boarding fees.
- The owner must accept the terms of insurance. Insurance expires at the end of the boarding period.
- If an extension to the boarding period is required the owner must give Little Noke Cattery prior notice and all additional charges must be paid for.
- All possible care and attention will be given to the animals but it is clearly understood that all animals are only accepted at the owner risk and upon acceptance of the terms.
- If your cat has an existing medical condition, any medical or special dietary needs, they should be declared or supplied with clear written instructions. Any change of diets must be notified at least (is possible) seven days before arrival day. There are NO extra charges for heating and NO add-on fee’s for the administrating of tablets, ear drops, injections, grooming etc.
- If in the unfortunate and sad event that the cat should die whilst staying at Little Noke Cattery the owner or owners contact person will be notified. The cat (unless otherwise instructed by the owners) will be taken to Little Noke Cattery veterinary surgery for the appropriate safe storage until the owners return.
- All cats will be examined upon arrival and are accepted into our care on the understanding that they are in good health, and that any health problems are communicated to us prior to admittance, so that we may make an informed decision as to the suitability of the cat boarding. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any cat appearing to be unwell or thought to be suffering from any illness or infectious disease.
- You must transport your cat in a suitable secure pet carrier. Do not carry your cat in your arms or any old box. Like young children they are very unpredictable and may run off at any given time.
- All collars are to be removed when your cat boards at Little Noke Cattery so as to reduce the risk of injury.
- To avoid disappointment early booking is advised for holiday periods, ie; Christmas, Easter and school holidays. (Christmas and New Year require a minimum of three days boarding period during these busy times).
- Customers are required to pay in full the cat boarding fee’s before they are collected and taken home from Little Noke Cattery. In the event that you collect your cat early or reduce the duration of your booking with less than two days’ notice, you must still pay the full amount of your booking dates.